50 COOL DIY Toys for Fine Motor Skills Development- Fine Motor Fridays
Today I am sharing 50 Must-Make, Super Cool DIY Fine Motor Skills Toys. These include homemade toys for toddlers, preschoolers and school aged kids. Make them as a gift or make them together to give your child the gift of MAKING their own toys! How cool is THAT!? Affiliate links are used in this post.
Below is a list of 50 Cool fine motor activities from Lalymom, my fellow bloggers and others around the web.
You will find toys made using recyclables, household items and craft supplies. Each one can be made with your own spin, customizing colors, shapes and more to fit you child's personality!
You'll find toys that encourage pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, poking, cutting, dropping, clipping, pinching, tying, stacking, buttoning and even flicking.
Phew- So much fun packed into this post.
And every single idea just begs to be played with in a way that is sure to get those hands, fingers and thumbs moving.
Am I missing something that you made? I would love to hear about it! Please leave a comment below to tell me about it or hop on over to my Facebook page to share a picture!
And don’t forget to stick around at the bottom of the post to see what the other FMF bloggers contributed this week!!
RELATED BOOK: 99 Fine Motor Ideas for Ages 1 to 5
50 Must-Make DIY Toys for Fine Motor Skills
Please do CLICK on your favorites to see the WHOLE post and any instructions!
- Monster Munch Fine Motor Game from Lalymom
- Easy Velcro Lids Set of DIY Toddler Toys from Lalymom
- Feed the Birds Game from Powerful Mothering
- Fine Motor Dashboard from Lalymom
- Tongs and Pom Poms on B-Inspired Mama
- DIY Geo Board from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Homemade Baby Guitar from House of Burke
- Kandinsky Felt Button Board from School Time Snippets
- DIY Word Wheels from Lalymom
- Magnetic Roads from And Next Comes L
- Clothespin Letter Match Busy Bag from Craftulate
- Velcro Dot Sticks from Powerful Mothering
- Play Room Car Dashboard Sensory Board from And Next Comes L – This is just so epic, my kids would have loved a playroom like this!
- Easy Color Matching Game from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Cutting Practice Spider from Lalymom
- Button Worm Apples from Stir the Wonder
- DIY Toddler Toy for Pincer Grasp from Lalymom
- Homemade Light Box Manipulatives from And Next Comes L
- DIY Puzzle in a Box from School Time Snippets
- Fabric Covered Wooden Block Puzzle from Craftulate
- Homemade Light Bright from And Next Comes L
- DIY Pick Up Sticks Activity from Powerful Mothering
- Halloween Themed Threading Activity from Stir the Wonder (Make one for every holiday)
- Rainbow Texture Sensory Board from Still Playing School
- Really Reeling Cardboard Fishing Rod from Lalymom
- Upcycled Coffee Can Twist Puzzle from De Rien at De Tout
- 5 Little Ducks Finger Puppets from Danya Banya
- DIY Rolling Car and Truck Toys from Lalymom
- Craft Stick Photo Puzzles from Craftulate
- Cutting Practice Princess Doll from Lalymom
- Empathy Dolls – I love this create idea from the Craft Train
- Ribbon Pulls and Other DIY Toddler Toys from The Imagination Tree
- Easy Cardboard Drop Box from Happy Hooligans
- DIY Montessori Toys from Racheous
- 10 Awesome Homemade Marble Runs on Buggy and Buddy
- DIY Fine Motor Toys from Teach Me Mommy
- DIY Sticky Velcro Blocks from No Twiddle Twaddle
- Easy Button Chain from Tips from a Typical Mom
- Family Faces Mega Blocks from Happily Ever Mom
- DIY Shoe Tying Board from Therapy Fun Zone
- Clothing Fastener Board from Craftulate
- Giant Spiderweb Lacing from Fun at Home With Kids
- Natural Loom from Babble Dabble Do – So gorgeous!
- Clothespins Bat Game from J Daniels Mom (I totally want to call this Alpha-bats!)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Threading Set from Here Comes the Girls
- Snowflake Drop Game from B-Inspired Mama
- 15 Awesome Marble Mazes and Runs from Hello, Wonderful
- Dyed Wooden Spools and Fine Motor Activities to Use Them With from Fun-A-Day
- Super Simple Ribbon Pull Toy from B-Inspired Mama – Seriously, genius.
- Ice Hockey Game from Teach Preschool
Fine Motor Fridays
As has been the case every Friday for months now, we are joining up with a team of bloggers to bring you a collection of Fine Motor Skills ideas! Please click through to see all the other great ideas from this week and be sure to follow our Pinterest board below as well!
Snowman Sand Art from P is for Preschooler
Valentines Day Sweet Treat Fine Motor Skills Activities from Little Bins for Little Hands
How to make Foam Lacing Shapes from Powerful Mothering
Transportation Connect the Dots with Numbers from Craftulate
Foam Heart Sticker Mosaic from School Time Snippets
Painting Olympic Figures from Stir the Wonder
Cooking with Kids: Developing Fine Motor Skills in the Kitchen from Still Playing School
Fine Motor Valentine’s Playdough Play from House of Burke
cool list! Lots of fun DIY toys! Thanks for including a couple of ours!
This is an AMAZING list!!
Such a great lsit of DIY toys for fine motor skills! Thank you you so much for sharing it and a heartfelt thank you for including my coffee can twisting puzzle 🙂
Thank you for the kind words, you are welcome, I love that twist puzzle, so very cool and original! Glad I saw your post!!
Very cool! Love that you created a linky list; they all look so fun!
Great list! My girl will be very happy to find many new recycling projects here. They love creating new toys out of old stuff. Thanks for sharing!