25 Awesome Spring Crafts for Preschool Fine Motor Skills
Happy Spring! These Spring crafts for preschool age kids make for easy, cute spring themed projects packed with cutting practice and other fine motor work! We have so many ideas to share to keep those preschoolers crafting up a storm- err I mean- spring shower!
Happy Spring! These Spring crafts for preschool age kids make for easy, cute spring themed projects packed with cutting practice and other fine motor work! We have so many ideas to share to keep those preschoolers crafting up a storm- err I mean- spring shower! Affiliate links are used in this article.
First I have a simple tutorial that we did with no notice, then I have a whole awesome list of Spring Crafts that are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
My daughter LOVES art projects where she makes decorations. Every holiday…every season…every everything. It's so sweet and adorable. We still have our Valentine's Day Garland hanging in the dining room, in fact!
One day when little brother was napping, she asked if we could do an activity and I honestly didn't have anything planned or on deck. (That is how easy this first Spring craft idea is!)
I looked around and saw our heart garland and tried to think of something similar because she really liked doing that.
I grabbed some quick craft materials and we just got our craft on!
We started with some scissors skills, then the some sticker sticking and even some taping. All are great activities to get her little fingers working!
The quick and easy tutorial is below, complete with a few easy affiliate links so you have everything you need!
These spring crafts would be perfect for a preschool class or spring themed playdate! I could also see making these bracelets for an easy Mother's Day craft.
Spring Garland & Crown Crafts
- Green construction paper or craft foam
- Flower stickers or flower craft foam stickers
- Safety scissors
- Scotch tape
- Marker or pen
Assemble your materials and use your marker to draw some wavy lines on the construction paper or craft foam- make sure they are wide enough for your flower stickers.
Lay out the materials and you are ready to craft!
- Have your child cut along the wavy lines to make “vines” or you could call it leaf garland.
- Invite your child to decorate the vines with the flower stickers.
- When the decorations are all applied, show your child how to tape the vines to make garland, crowns or a bracelet.
- Use two strands for a crown, one for a bracelet and as many as you want for the garland!
Voila! A fun, easy Spring crafts for preschool fine motor skills!
SO Many Awesome Spring Craft IDEAS for Kids
These super simple craft ideas are perfect for a rainy day, or any day. Maybe use common household art and craft supplies, recyclables and kitchen materials like applesauce pouch caps, paper plates, paper towel tubes, etc.
Be sure to click through to see full tutorials for each craft.
Mother's Day Gifts and Crafts
- DIY Mother's Day Card using all those flowers ads and mailers. They are super easy for kids to do on their own.
- Craft a gorgeous Mother's Day Bouquet.
- Use loose LEGO bricks to make some cool LEGO Mother's Day Gifts.
- Instead of sending flowers, make mom a beautiful Paper Plate Flower, even younger kids can make this awesome craft.
- Melt mom's heart with these Mother's Day Handprint Gifts.
- Simple but impressive, these 3D Flower Mother's Day Cards will be a hit.
- Mother's Day Painted Rocks are gifts that will last.
- Make mom this sweet DIY Mother's Day vase for any flowers they receive.
Spring Nature Crafts
- Flutter around with this Magnetic Spring Time Butterfly Garden craft.
- Use those applesauce pouch caps to make some adorable DIY Bug Finger Puppets.
- Another decor project for the kids is this Spring Butterfly Wreath.
- If you are looking for a Spring Toilet Paper Roll Craft, these adorable spring animals are perfect.
- My kids could make a whole forest of creatures like these Spring Pom Pom Bunnies .
- This Baby Bird and Nest Spring Craft will melt their hearts.
- Another magnetic craft- Make a Magnetic Duck Pond. Such fun paper plate crafts!
- Use those scissors skills to make these adorable Snippy Chicks.
- Clothespin Flowers can be made as a craft by the kids, or prepped ahead for a color matching activity.
Spring Art Projects
- Spring Flowers “Stained Glass” Art – What a cool and vibrant spring arts project!
- The whole group collaborates for this Spring Mural, perfect for the classroom or at home.
- Make some Spring Trees as part of a four seasons art series.
- Use process art to paint these Spring Tree Crafts with unique paint tools.
- Make a Tulip Suncatcher to brighten up your day.
- Reuse some bubble wrap to make beautiful Rainbow Crafts.
- These Spring Showers Crayon Resist Paintings will surely be a hit.
What Kids Spring Crafts are on your to-do list this season? Share them in the comments below!
First published in 2015, update for 2021.