Today we are talking pumpkin! Try these healthy pumpkin recipes which are perfect whether you are living a healthy lifestyle, following the noom weight loss app or using weight watchers. These recipes use actual pumpkin or pumpkin puree, not just pumpkin spice. Partner referral links are used in this article.
Every year when fall rolls around we recount a story about my son, the foodie. We were at a restaurant for brunch and, after looking over the menu for a good long time my son had a question for the waitress.
“Um, excuse me, do your pumpkin pancakes have actual pumpkin in them, or just pumpkin spice?” The waitress had to go and ask, but that is when we learned my son is a true pumpkin lover.
Now, when “Pumpkin Spice this and that” commercials start to appear he scoffs. “That's not even real pumpkin!”
And you know, I am with him- Real pumpkin is not only tasty but healthy too! It is naturally fat free and has fiber plus healthy vitamins and minerals.
Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Whether you are team pumpkin, team apple or team BOTH, here are some tasty AND healthy recipes using pumpkin and pumpkin puree.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread & Pumpkin Muffins
- Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Low Fat Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Easy Weight Watchers Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Healthy Pumpkin Desserts
So we all know any food is healthiest when eaten in moderation, so of course that goes for these healthier versions of your favorite decadent pumpkin desserts. We all deserve a treat once in a while, and it is nice to sneak in some healthy nutrients while you indulge.
- Pumpkin Nice Cream – If you have never heard of nice cream, it is the clever name that refers to ice cream made entirely out of frozen banana chunks (although you can add things to it!). You slice up ripe bananas and freeze them, then blend them up in your food processor and magically it tastes just like creamy, delicious ice cream, no dairy needed. This version adds pumpkin and omg is it heaven.
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars
- Healthy Weight Watchers Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Lightened Up Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Yogurt Popsicles
- Self-Crust Pumpkin Pie
- Healthy Pumpkin Fluff – This is a classic weight watchers dessert but it doesn't skimp on taste.
- Healthier Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Bite Size Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie Tarts
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Eggrolls
RELATED: 50+ Healthy, Low Calorie Snacks
Healthy Pumpkin Breakfasts
- Two Ingredient Pumpkin Pancakes – If you have ever made the banana two ingredient pancakes, they are very similar, more like a flourless crepe.
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Kale Frittata
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin and Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Smoothie
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal with Bananas
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
Healthy Pumpkin Meals for Lunch & Dinner
- Pumpkin Mac N Cheese with Roasted Vegetables
- Savory Pumpkin Sausage Flatbreads (We love these Flatout Flatbreads for healthy pizza dinner and lunch options.)
- Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
- Cinnamon Baked Pumpkin (kinda like sweet potato fries!)
- Epic Pumpkin Tacos
- Weight Watchers Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin and Sausage Stuffed Shells
- Lightened Up Pumpkin Risotto
- White Bean Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
- Pumpkin Ginger Soup
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Whole Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin – A real show stopper!
READ NEXT: 35+ Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Pin These For Next Fall!