Today we are sharing healthy, 5 Ingredient Meals, perfect for weight watchers, noom or other weight loss plans. These health meal ideas come together in a flash, and they are easy to make on a weekday or weekend.I would say they work best as dinners but could easily be portioned out for healthy lunches. Please note that partner referral links are used in this article.
I have been using my favorite weight loss app for years. Whether you are just looking for a healthy meal option, or you are logging food on Noom or Weight Watchers, you still have to handle the task of planning your meals.
These healthy-eating, five-ingredient meals cook up so easily, it is great to know I can have a healthy meal on the table that is quick and easy.
5 Ingredient Recipes for Healthy Meals
FYI, to me, it goes without saying, but ingredients such as water, salt, pepper and olive oil are things I have around the house and don't add to the ingredient count in the 5 ingredient healthy meals.
5 Ingredient Healthy Meals – Vegetarian
Don't think of these as side dishes. These vegetable dishes are super filling and flavorful. Some of these do include eggs, FYI.
- Stuffed Sweet Potato with Hummus Dressing – Sweet potatoes are an awesome base on which to mix and match different flavor profiles. If hummus isn't your jam you could try salsa or a little honey mustard.
- Pesto Zoodle Bowl – I could eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Super easy, super delish.
- Semi-Homemade Egg Drop Soup – I love taking a packaged food and adding healthy ingredients to turn it into a complete dish. This is a perfect egg-sample of this trick!
- Mushroom Sheetpan Gnocchi – Yep! Gnocchi in a sheetpan meal! Use cauliflower gnocchi for that next-level healthy boost. No need to limit this to mushrooms either.
- White Bean, Sage Cauliflower Gnocchi – Gnocchi is such a comfort food, and in this recipe store bought gnocchi made from cauliflower adds a healthy spin.
- Easy Tortilla Pizza – Choose your favorite, diet-friendly flatbread or tortilla. Makes and easy weeknight dinner.
- Zucchini Linguini – A flavorful pasta dish that is high on veggies and low on prep time.
- Black Bean Fajita Skillet – This tex mex recipe uses traditional fajita veggies, but my family doesn't care for bell peppers. We substitute strips of zucchini and poblano pepper along with onion. If you need to add more to this you could fry up an egg to drop on top, or grab a container of steam-in-pouch rice (We love these seeds of change 7 grain pouches).
- 5 Ingredient Broccoli Cheddar Quiche – Awesome tip about the whole grain pie shell.
- 5 Ingredient Black Bean, Sweet Potato Chili – Two ingredient that really pack a punch, black beans and sweet potato. Flavorful AND filling.
Healthy 5 Ingredient Meals – Poultry and Meat
Usually we think of meat and poultry dishes as more complicated. But these recipes combine a few simple ingredients to make delightful meals.
- Chicken and White Bean Soup – Store-bought, rotisserie chicken for the win! This flavorful, warming soup is a real treat on a chilly day.
- Tomato Artichoke Chicken Breast – This looks really impressive and yet the process of making it is very simple. Also, I like her notes about using the veggies you have on hand (or swapping out if you don't like one of them).
- BBQ Chicken Quinoa Bowl – Tons of protein in this little dish. And for flavor, a little goes a long way on the barbecue sauce.
- Chicken & Quinoa Bowls – Mix and match, so many varieties.
- 10 Healthy Brown Rice Bowl Recipes – Mix and match rice bowls? Yes please! You could make one of these every sunday for 2 1/2 months and have healthy lunches ready every day. Bonus: Here is another take on mix & match bowls: .
- Meatballs Over Zoodles – For this one, you can make everything from scratch or buy everything pre-done. Frozen, store bought meatballs, precut zucchini noodles and jarred sauce combine for a semi-homemade treat.
- Chicken Club Wraps – Sub turkey bacon to cut back on fat and calories in this super quick dinner option.
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken – I mean, it doesn't get easier. Two ingredients into the pressure cooker, then pop them onto whole grain rice, whole grain tortillas or other options for a low-effort, high flavor meal.
- Mushroom Pork Chops – These pork chops get a creamy sauce, courtesy of condensed soup, but the added fresh mushrooms give it a healthy boost. Serve them with instant, or home made mashed potatoes for a stick to your ribs meal.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Cauliflower and Green Beans – Line the sheet pan with foil for an easy clean up.
- One Pan Mongolian Beef – Nice swap to use splenda to cut back on calories in this dish.
RELATED: 35+ Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Five Ingredient Healthy Meals – Seafood
Classically quick cooking, seafood actually shines best when prepared simply. These dishes are easy peasy, lemon squeezie.
- Five Ingredient Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – The recipe calls for bell peppers but, you can substitute zucs and poblanos like we do.
- Ginger lime Halibut – You can use fresh or frozen fish. Pair it with a rice pouch or frozen veggies.
- Tuscan Tuna Salad – This recipe had me at capers and lemon.
- Sheet Pan Low Country Shrimp Boil – Five ingredients, plus herbs and spices, brings this dish to your table. We skip the sausage to lighten it up, but it is a classic ingredient.
- Tuna Egg Salad – I like the swap for greek yogurt, and instead of onions I dice up cucumber. Customize it to your liking.
- Crispy Panko Pesto Cod – So easy and pairs well with a simple salad.
- 5 Ingredient Sheet Pan Salmon – Sheet pan meals are tied with soup for my go-to, easy peasy dinner option.
- Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus – I love garlic shrimp, and pairing it with and quick cooking veggie like asparagus is smart sheet pan meal planning.
- Easy Tuna Patties – Another dish that you can add flavors to, these patties come together quickly.
- Simple Brown Butter Scallops – This recipe is from Eating Well, for a lighter version that isn't swimming in butter but still tastes great. Pair it with cauliflower rice or a quick cooking rice packet.
What are your favorite 5 Ingredient Healthy Meals? Let's hear them in the comments below.
Pin these ideas to remember when you are meal planning.