Inside: You'll find tons of inspiration to whip up a healthy, refreshing bone broth smoothie. From sweet, sensational fruit smoothies to superfood smoothie combos, these ideas will be jumping into your blender in no time! Affiliate links to partners we trust are used in this post.
My kids and I love sharing a fruit smoothie when they get home from school. They love helping add the ingredients and making up new recipes.
*I* love that we crush a ton of fruits and veggies down the hatch in one sitting.
It's a weird thing to say, but smoothies are basically a parenting hack that ensures regularity, straight from Dr. Sears (See page 35 of his online book!). There. It's out there in the world. Prunes and smoothies, that my secret.
But really we get a ton of nutrition out of these puppies, and it basically feels like a treat for me and for the kids!
I am always looking for healthy smoothie ingredients and I recently stumbled on the idea of adding bone broth to your fruit smoothies. It's touted as a way to add bone broth to your diet every day.
Having just recovered from a back and hip injury, I have been looking for more ways to add collagen and bone broth to my diet.
Some people make collagen smoothies using collagen powder but I learned that there are drawbacks to using collagen powder versus bone broth.
Since we already have smoothies every day, I'm just popping some bone broth ice cubes into our regular recipes.
But I always love some great recipe inspiration, so below you will find lots of yummy bone broth smoothie recipe ideas!
Handy Items to Have On Hand for Bone Broth Smoothies:
Here is a list of items and accessories that will make your smoothie-making a cinch.
Click through the colored links for details, specs and reviews.
Smoothie Blender Choices based on your Smoothie personality:
For the Kitchen Multi-Tasker – You like a smoothie here and there, but you want a versatile tool rather than a focused uni-tasker.
For the Smoothie Meal Prepper – You like to portion out your ingredients for grab-and-go smoothie convenience. Pro tip: Buy extra cups!
For the Super Smoothie Star – Anyone who blends more than one meal, smoothie or snack per day.
Bone Broth Options:
Prep your own and freeze to keep on hand:
Subscribe and save to have fresh, organic bone broth delivered to your door.
15+ Healthy Bone Broth Smoothie Recipes
Click through the colored links below for the full smoothie ingredient list and recipe.
- Bone Broth Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie – Mmmm PB&J! Obviously you can use the nut butter of your choice.
- Green Bone Broth Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Ginger Bone Broth Smoothie -Oooo tropical delight!
- Mixed Berry Bone Broth Smoothie
- Honey Banana Bone Broth Smoothie
- Low Carb Bone Broth Smoothie
- Blueberry Protein Bone Broth Smoothie – It's recipe #4 on the page.
- Tumeric Ginger Bone Broth Smoothie Bowl – Wow I never woulda thought of this combo- sweet potato!! Trying this ASAP!
- Carrot and Orange Bone Broth Smoothie – A preview recipe from the awesome Bare Bones Broth Cookbook
- Savory Soup'r Food Smoothie – Totally unique!
- Creamy, Tangy Bone Broth Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Cinnamon Apple Bone Broth Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Bone Broth Smoothie – Look at the color on this one! So pretty!
- Spring Clean Smoothie with Bone Broth
- Banana Avocado Bone Broth Smoothie
- Super Veggie Green Bone Broth Smoothie
- Bone Broth Latte (okay fine, it's technically NOT a smoothie but it's still a unique way to get your broth on!)