Welcome back for another week's Fine Motor Fridays! Today's super fun fine motor activity come in the form of Christmas Games for Kids! Quick note- affiliate links are used in this post, which just means that if you click through and buy anything on those links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This super fun game was sooo easy to set up you guys, and just about anyone, any age can do it. My two year old loved stacking them just for fun, while my four year old liked making more of a game out of it, seeing how many she could stack.
I love that this game includes a four finger grasp on the cup as well as a pincer grasp on the pom poms- and that the kids had fun counting while we played. The kids? Well the kids love when the stack falls over! Haha!
Looking for more last minute Kids Christmas Games? Here are some options that pair great with the Stacking Santa Cups Game:
- Christmas Memory Match
- Inflatable Antler Ring Toss Game
- Life Size Decorate a Felt Snowman Activity
- Large Fridge Magnet Olaf Set
- Large Felt Decorate a Christmas Tree Set
- Pin the Nose on the Snowman Kit
- The Santa Clause Game for Preschoolers and Older
Christmas Games for Kids Using Mini Cups
Game Play Variations:
– Take turns stacking a red cup, then a pom pom, then red cup then pom pom until your stack falls over. Count the number of cups and let the next person take a turn. The player with the most cups stacked wins.
– The first player places one cup and one pom pom on the table. The second person goes next, placing one of each. Play continues until a player can no longer place a cup an pom pom on without the stack falling. That player is out. Play continues until there is only one player left. He or she is the winner.
– For younger toddlers, show them how to place the cup upside down and balance the pom pom on top. Allow the children to freely stack the cups or place pom poms onto the cups, in the cups, under the cups, etc.
Fine Motor Fridays
It's another week of Fine Motor Fridays and that means a collection of playful fine motor skills activities! Click through to see what my fellow FMF gals have been up to this week!
Kinetic Sand Christmas Tree from Still Playing School
Velcro Christmas Tree from School Time Snippets
Fine Motor Pipe Cleaner Tree – Christmas Busy Bags from Powerful Mothering
Painting with Ornaments from House of Burke
Jingle Bell Busy Box from And Next Comes L