Wake up your tastebuds, here comes spring! Today I am sharing over 20 fresh and sunny Spring Smoothie Recipes! FYI affiliate links are used in this post for super easy shop-ability!
I don't know about your but Groundhog's Day or not, I am ready for spring! I live in Chicagoland and you guys- we just had SO. MUCH. SNOW this year.
I'm OVER it. DONE.
But I'm here to warm us up because, like I always say about Chicago- “Cold weather, warm people!'
So let's let the sun shine in and mix up some sunny spring smoothie recipes!
Spring Smoothie Recipes Tips
Smoothies are my go-to lunch when I am trying to eat healthy in the chaos of a busy life.
Sometimes I take a few smoothie shortcuts just to make things easier and healthier:
- If I'm buzzing up a smoothie recipe for the whole family, I might break out the full size blender but when it's just me or the kids, I LOVE using our stick blender and the cup it came with. It's so much faster than setting up and cleaning the big blender that it totally feels like a mom hack!
- Either way I always clean up smoothie dishes asap. Take it from a mom who has had to re-wash smoothie cups after they came out of the dishwasher. Do yourself a favor and soak & rinse it right away!
- Shop the seasons. With spring produce coming into season soon, look for these ingredients to be at their peak freshness: apricots, cherries, nectarines, blueberries, papaya, strawberries and even avocados.
- As you can tell by this post, I totally love experimenting with new recipes but if I'm in a big hurry I have been known to reach for pre-measured frozen fruit smoothie packs. Every smoothie doesn't need to reinvent the wheel!
- Last, to give it a protein boost, I like to add at least a half a scoop of protein powder. I'm no muscle-laden beefcake but women often have a hard time getting enough protein in their diets, so if you find one you like, add a bit to your smoothies! I have been using this vegetable based vanilla protein powder.
- We keep a pack of Giant Smoothie Straws on hand. Some people say drinking acidic or staining beverages from a straw lessens the chance of stained teeth, but not everyone agrees on this. Either way they're fun, kids love them and you can use them in lots of straw crafts or for cutting practice.
- When I strike it rich with a recipe I really love, spring smoothie recipe or otherwise, I add it to my blank recipe book. Boom. Ready for next time!
Okay now that you know all my smoothie secrets, let's get to the yummies!
Delicious Spring Smoothie Recipe List
Click through each link for full ingredients and instructions:
- Bright & Refreshing Nectarine Strawberry Smoothie – Nectarines are not a fruit we buy all that often but they are delicious and packed with nutrition.
- Crazy Delicious Bone Broth Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie – If you are new to the idea of bone broth smoothies, I totally recommend giving them a try.
- 4 Ingredient Sweet and Creamy Mango Green Smoothie – Mango gives a smoothies such a great tang, we often buy frozen mango just to have on hand for smoothies.
- Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie – What could be more refreshing than a glass of lemonade? I love the idea of translating that crisp flavor into a smoothie to amp up the nutrition.
- Cucumber Ginger Smoothie – Veggie smoothies can be hit or miss for me, but adding in the light, refreshing taste of the cucumber makes this one a winner.
- Vitamin C Packed Sunshine Smoothie – Smoothies are naturally packed with vitamins given all the fruits and veggies used, but this one focuses on good old Vitamin C.
- Strawberry Cherry Smoothies – My kids especially love this flavor, but it is also packed with so much nutrition that I'm ok giving them seconds.
- Pineapple Mint Smoothie – This is a pretty uncommon flavor combination so if you are tired of your every day smoothie flavors, def give this a try to mix it up!
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie – The classic flavor combination from my youth, strawberry kiwi will never get old.
- Peaches and Coconut Cream Smoothie – Feel like you're on a tropical island without leaving your kitchen with this yummy treat.
- Blueberry Coconut Layered Smoothie – This one is so gorgeous to look at, you almost don't want to drink it….but then you taste it, and suddenly it's GONE!
- Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie – Adding yogurt to your smoothies gives it a protein and calcium bump as well as tangy, creamy goodness.
- Raspberry Peach Green Tea Smoothie – Adding in some tea was an unexpected curveball for me, but tea is such a great spring summer thirst quencher.
- Frosty Peach Pineapple Smoothie – What a YUMMY combo! I never would have thought of this one.
- Peach Strawberry Smoothie – Easy, peasy classic.
- Creamy Watermelon Honey Smoothie – This is another total curveball for me. I go to this kind of smoothie when I am bored of our regular go-to freezer smoothie.
- Tropical Carrot Smoothie – If you are not usually a fan of adding veggies to smoothies, I totally recommend giving this one a try.
- Blueberry and Avocado Smoothie Detox – Oh the creamy goodness of adding avocado to a smoothie cannot be understated. Love. Love. Love. .
- 3 Ingredient Pineapple Smoothie – Pretty simple recipe!! If you think smoothies are too much work….well it doesn't get much easier than this!
- Triple Berry Layered Smoothie – Gorgeous and delicious.
- Fruity Easter Egg Smoothie – Every day is a good day for a smoothie- even Easter.
- Watermelon Peach Smoothie – We love watermelon so much that we don't often have the chance to add it to a smoothie, but this would be worth making the sacrifice.
- Immunity Boosting Cranberry Dairy-Free Smoothie – Always good to add in those nutrients to battle those germs going around.
- Strawberry Orange Sunrise Spring Smoothie recipe – Simple flavors, you just can't go wrong with this combo.
- Non-Alcoholic Skinny Pina Colada Vegan, Gluten Free Smoothie – Back to the islands for us! Cheers to you.
Okay there you have, are you drooling over these spring smoothie recipe ideas yet or what?!