The holiday season is ramping up and everyone around here is in planning mode. To help me AND you, I've put together a fun list of toddler Christmas activities! Scroll through and pick a few favorite activity ideas to try with your kids. You can plan them for the month, or for a fun holiday party.
These ideas would be great for mom or dad to do one-on-one with your toddler for some special holiday-inspired quality time together. You could also do some of them in the classroom, at holiday themed playdates or kids Christmas parties!
I hope this list of fun activities helps you have a happier holiday season. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Christmas Activities for Toddlers:
Be sure to click the colored links below to see the full tutorial:
- Christmas Pom Pom Drop Is a simple activity that adds a touch of fine motor skills. You could customize this with different pictures too. Change it up to snowmen, a gingerbread man or any holiday item with dots. You can use cotton balls instead of pom poms too.
- Christmas Colors Toddler Activity lets your toddlers and older kids decorate a paper tree with Christmas ornaments.
- You can make an easy Christmas Sensory Bin with Christmas decorations you have on hand such as garland and tree ornaments.
- A DIY Christmas Puzzle will keep your toddler busy for ages.
- Holiday Lacing Cards are simple kids crafts that can be done with a wide range of ages. This one shows a paper Christmas tree but I think it would be cute with a green paper plate, like a wreath.
- Simple Christmas Ice Star Science Experiment is a fun sensory experience AND science wrapped into one! That website, toddler approved has tons of other fun Christmas activities to do with young kids. I do like that this one uses a little pinch of cake sparkles instead of glitter so it is a taste safe Christmas activity.
- Ornament Memory Game and Sorting is easy peasy to set up, and a great activity for a younger tot who is excited about decorating.
- Painting with Christmas Tree Branches is not your ordinary Christmas tree craft- this one actually uses the tree to make the craft!
- Christmas Train Pretend Play is one of those activities for toddlers who love trains. You can do this activity with your toy trains for any holiday. A great way to give your best toys a holiday theme.
- These Toddler Time Christmas free Printables give toddlers and preschoolers a festive way to learn and practice their letters.
- Fine Motor Christmas Trees are such a neat way to get those little fingers working. This is cute with lollipops or candy canes.
- Snowy Scene in a Box is such a cute way for you and your toddler to craft a winter wonderland.
- Sticky Wall Tree would double as a kid made Christmas Decoration. For a smaller version you could cut it in the shape of a Christmas Wreath.
- Gingerbread Playdough because what kid WOULDN'T love to get their little hands on that!?! (Recipe included from Mama Papa bubba!)
- 72 Printable Christmas Activities Pack – the mother load of printable Christmas activities! Drawing and scissors activities and light math get s holiday twist.
- Gingerbread Printable Playset is a fun little set from Kids Activities Blog
- Peppermint Epsom Salt Sensory Play is a fun sensory experience with a festive scent. I love how she added cookie cutters. Keep the mess at bay by making it in a plastic tote and playing on a plastic tablecloth.
- Christmas Tree Felt Board is basically a gorgeous felt Christmas tree that your kids can decorate over and over. This would be a great DIY gift too.
- This Christmas Tree Toddler Game uses those colorful applesauce pouch lids. What a fun use for them!
- Make this Christmas I-Spy Bottle for your kiddos and if you hot glue it shut, it s a great on-the-go Christmas activity. You could use a clear soda bottle or any small plastic bottle.
More Toddler Christmas Ideas (un-pictured)
Since I first shared this list we have done lots of other Christmas activities.
- Christmas Cloud Dough from my Taste Safe Christmas Activities for Kids
- Read the Sweet Smell of Christmas and make this Sweet Smell of Christmas play dough.
- Read Mooseltoe and do these hilarious Mooseltoe Reindeer Activities
- This Christmas Salt tray could be used for drawing or pre-writing.
- Here are some cute printable Christmas Busy bag cards.
- Plan some Fine Motor Arts and Crafts with the kids.
- Make a classic Christmas Hand Wreath.
If you are looking for pre-made kids Christmas Activities and last minute Toddler Christmas Games, check these out:
- Christmas Memory Match
- Inflatable Antler Ring Toss Game
- Life Size Decorate a Felt Snowman Activity
- Large Fridge Magnet Olaf Set
- Large Felt Decorate a Christmas Tree Set
- Pin the Nose on the Snowman Kit
- The Santa Clause Game for Preschoolers and Older
And don't miss these fun ideas:
If you are looking for more Christmas related ideas to do with your toddler check out my guest post over at Powerful Mothering today for 20 Cute Christmas Crafts to do with Toddlers. For even more be sure to follow my Christmas with Kids Pinterest Board!