Inside: Print this Wacky Mad Libs style Mother's Day Activity today to have some fun with mom on her special day! Affiliate links are used in this post.
With Mother's Day around the corner, I always start thinking about crafts and activities that would engage my own kids in showing love and gratitude. Maybe it seems self serving, but I think filling buckets and speaking love languages are life skills that needs to be taught, just as much as brushing one's teeth or sweeping the floor!
Wacky Mad Libs are a constant request on car rides and rainy days, so it just seems natural for us to do one together for a Mother's Day activity.
RELATED: This fun printable is part of 20+ Funny Mother's Day Gifts Sure to Make Her Smile
How to Get Your Printable Mother's Day Activity
This printable was first released in 2018 but is not dated so you can get your copy in the Lalymom Shop– for less than the cost of a Hallmark Card!
Want to know when my next printable drops? Sign up for my email list to get notifications and to score my subscriber freebie alphabet cards at the same time!
How to Do Your Mother's Day Mad Libs Activity
Okay I'm calling this fun little Mother's Day Activity a “Silly Fill-In” but if you've ever done a Wacky Mad Lib, you totally know the drill.
Without reading the story aloud, ask another person in the room to give you words in the category of the words under each blank (noun, verb, number, etc). Write them in as you go along. When you're done, read the story aloud for all to enjoy.
Print out a few copies and do one for grandma too (it would be fun to have HER child read it aloud) or have each kid do their own for mom.
Hold on- Did we just sneak in a kid's writing prompt? Aw snap, Brownie points for us.
This would be a super fun idea for a Mother's Day Tea or A Mother's Day Class Party!
More Super Cute Mother's Day Ideas
- Flower Pot Picture Holder/Recipe Card Holder Craft
- Together: A Mommy & Me Coloring Book – I LOVE this idea for quality time together!
- Just Mom and Me – An American Girl activity book with fun quizzes and activity ideas to do together.
- Mom and Me Journals – This one comes in a version for a Son or Daughter.
- Mother's Day Gifts Craft Kit
- Mom and Me: An Art Journal
- Mom's One Line a Day – Five Year Memory Book – Super sweet idea for a First Mother's Day
- Mother's Day Photo Booth Props
- Fun Mother's Day Yard Signs
Did you like this Mother's Day Activity? Pin it below to share!