Today we are talking about healthy apple recipes. We love apples so much, year-round in our house and we have found lots of easy ways to enjoy them. Below we share some basic, apple un-recipes that are super simple, as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert ideas. They are all perfect for any healthy lifestyle including the Noom Weight Loss App or Weight Watchers. Please note that affiliate referral links are used in this article.
When it comes to fall flavors, our whole family is totally on Team Apple!
Two of us would rather have apple pie than cake for a birthday treat. So you know it's serious.
One of my kids has braces though, so we have to find other ways to enjoy apples beside just biting right into the fruit.
I am always willing to try new recipes to help us enjoy healthy foods, and apples are no exception. Let's get to the recipes!
Healthy Apple Recipes
Below is a big mix of options for apple lovers, whether you want the crunch of a raw apple or prefer them soft baked.
As always check the ingredients to make sure they match up with your dietary needs. I happen to use this weight loss app, so I aim for foods with lower calorie density.
Healthy Apple Un-Recipes
An un-recipe is the word I use for a snack or meal that is so easy, you don't need to follow a recipe. Apples are one of those ingredients that can be enjoyed very simply or within a bigger recipe.
Here are ways to enjoy apples without a recipe:
- Sliced with nut butter – This is a no brainer. When I had an office job, I used to keep a jar of natural almond butter in my desk. I'd bring an apple every day and, at snack time I'd head to the break room, cut it up and have a dot of AB on each slice. SO tasty and filling. You get a crunch, sweetness from the apple and salty, almond goodness. Now that I am home when the kids get home from school it is. favorite snack at home too.
- Sautéed apples – Put a sauté pan on the stove over a medium high heat. Add your favorite cooking spray or a dot of butter to the hot pan, then add sliced apples. Cook, stirring or flipping every few minutes until they are soft. Enjoy alone or in a cup of greek yogurt, or on top of another recipe. We even eat them as a dinner side dish sometimes.
- Microwave apples – This was news to me. You can microwave sliced apples to soften them up! Next time you have an apple pie craving, give it a try!
- Shredded apples – We love to add shredded apple to salads, yogurt, pancakes and other meals. Just make it the last step of preparing your dish so they don't start to brown.
- Dipper slices – Sliced thin, apples are great dippers for a small serving of dessert hummus such as chocolate hummus, cinnamon hummus or maple hummus. Another option is this Weight Watchers Caramel Chocolate sauce.
Healthy Apple Breads and Muffins
Apple bread and muffins are not only cozy tasting but they often are naturally lighter versions of similar breads because you can leave out the oil, egg or butter.
- WW Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Sarah's Apple and Cinnamon Loaf
- Healthy, Lighter Apple Muffins
- Whole Grain Apple Nut Muffins
- Skinny Zucchini Apple Loaf
- Ultimate Healthy Apple Muffins
- Well-plated Apple Bread – chunky and moist!
Healthy Apple Breakfast Ideas
What a tasty way to start the day, with apples leading the way. A great comforting flavor that goes well in so many forms.
- Healthy Apple Pancake Dippers – This healthy hack is genius. I wish I had thought of it but I can still enjoy it!
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Breakfast Quinoa
- Shredded Apple Pancakes – These have more of a potato pancake texture because of the shredded apples. Another cook hack.
- Quinoa Apple and Raspberry Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Cinnamon Apple Yogurt Bowls
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats – I love this make-ahead breakfast option for busy mornings.
- Apple Hummus Quesadillas – The recipe has a fancy apple preparation but we do this with microwaved apple slices. Use your favorite healthy tortillas. This could go under any category, apple breakfast, snack, dessert, lunch or dinner if you felt like it.
Healthy Apple Lunch & Dinner Recipes
Think apples are just for snacks or breakfast? Think again. They can really add a flavor and texture punch to your favorite healthy lunch and dinner meals.
- Apple Bacon Sweet Potato Mini Casseroles
- Kale, Apple, Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Cider-Glazed Pork with Roasted Apples & Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Cinnamon Apples (We have these, or the skillet version as a dinner side dish from time to time. So easy, so comforting.)
- Apple, Sweet Potato, Sausage Casserole – Works well for brunch or dinner.
- Chickpea, Apple Broccoli Salad
- Easy Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions – Pork Tenderloin was one of the first things I felt like I could cook well. It wasn't perfect the first time but wired probe thermometer helps and now it feels easy to me. You leave the probe in the meat while it cooks and it attaches to a digital readout so you can check the temp without opening the oven a million times.
- Apple & Sweet Potato Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Chicken Skillet with Apples & Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Sausage and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner – Sheet pan meals are a technique I love, and they are so cool because you can mix and match, and make them your own. This one is five ingredients plus whichever of the herbs and spices you choose to use.
- Apple Cheddar Turkey Meatballs
- Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad
RELATED: Are you Team Pumpkin? 40+ Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Healthy Apple Desserts
Adding whole fruit to your dessert is an easy way to enjoy and indulgence and still stick with your diet goals. Of course, everything in moderation. You still need to have a reasonable potion even if it is fruit!
Healthy tip: If you are craving ice cream on top of your healthy apple crisp or healthy apple crumble, try making one ingredient banana “nice cream.” Freeze chunks of ripe banana. Once they are solid, put them all into a food processor and blend until it resembles dreamy ice cream. You won't miss that scoop of vanilla!
- Raspberry Apple Crumble
- Easy, Low Point Apple Crisp
- Apple Dessert Pizza – Try it with Flatout Flatbreads or your favorite healthy tortilla.
- Cranberry Stuffed Hasselback Apples – These are very impressive looking but simple to make.
- Individual Mini Apple Pies
- One Point Mini Apple Pie Cookies
- Delightfully Baked Apples
- Apple Salsa – I love this unique snack or dessert option.
- Apple Cranberry Crumble
Which are your favorite healthy apple recipes? Are you going to try any new ones this week?
READ NEXT: 35+ Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Pin to save and share: