Today I'm sharing recipes for the new love in my household life- my electric pressure cooker! These Instant Pot Dinners will have dinner ready in a snap! I've added a couple affiliate links to this post.
Let me share a tale of two chefs under one roof…
One chef in our house has a lifelong love of cooking. Fueled by cooking lessons with mom, this chef plans big, labor-of-love meals every weekend that the whole family enjoys. This leaves us with leftovers for days and often introduces the kids new ingredients or trying a new cooking technique.
The other chef in our house loves simplicity and would prefer to combine a handful of fresh ingredients in a simple way, rather than follow a complex recipe. She might actually have recipe ADD, needing to reread each step several times, ramping up her frustration and her cooking times. She often feels her cheeks flush when she realizes she forgot to start dinner until it's too late. She wants to do better but hectic days and busy kids make dinner tough for her.
Okay. She's me, in case it wasn't obvious. The first chef was LalyDad. He's an awesome cook and I'm a lucky wife.
But I do cook during the week. It's not usually fancy and I stick to recipes I know I can pull off in the middle of what I call the Kid Chaos Crescendo.
Over the holidays we were subjected to the viral Facebook and Amazon onslaught of the Instant Pot. Everyone and their sister was posting about that thing!
So we hopped on board and bought an Instant Pot DUO 60.
The first Instant Pot Dinner Recipe I ever tried was this Instant Pot Taco Tuesday recipe and I have to tell you it was a complete home run. It was crazy simple- even with my recipe ADD- and it yielded delicious results. The kids and even LalyDad, the household gourmand, really liked it.
It was added instantly to my go-to Kid Chaos Crescendo recipes list.
Score one for the “minimalist chef,” if you will.
But would Mr. Food over here have the same reaction to cooking with this new gadget?
The answer is yes, my labor-of-love chef LalyDad also loves to cook with it. He has made several recipes including stock, carnitas and this Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage, another home run.
The result? We are totally sold on our new electric pressure cooker.
It's the perfect kitchen gadget no matter which chef camp you are in!
20 More Instant Pot Dinners
I am always looking for an easy place to find go-to recipes, so here is a list for both of us to keep handy.
If you're keeping score, I shared two Instant Pot Dinners above. Here are 20 more glorious recipes for your meal planning pleasure.
Starred Instant Pot Dinner Recipes are in the collage above.
1. Insta Pot Garlic Coconut Butter Chicken Potatoes [Recipe This]
2. Instant Pot Ultimate Pot Roast [Adventures Of a Nurse]
3. Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff [Lets Dish Recipes]
4. Instant Pot Easy BBQ Ribs [Pressure Cook Recipes]
*5. Insta Pot Shredded Beef Tacos [Smashed Pease and Carrots]
6. Instant Pot Fall Off The Bones Chicken [Healing Gourmet]
7. Instant Pot Maple Smoked Brisket [Bare Root Girl]
8. Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken [Raegun Ramblings]
*9. Insta Pot Bite Sized BBQ Pork Ribs [Recipe This]
10. Instant Pot Dinners – Vegetable Beef Stew [Extremely Good Parenting]
11. Instant Pot Beef Stew [Number 2 Pencil]
12. Instant Pot Ginger Garlic Drumsticks [Living Sweet Moments]
*13. Insta Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta [Food N Service]
14. Instant Pot Killer BBQ Wings [i Save A to Z]
15. Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls [Wonder Mom Wannabe]
*16. Insta Pot Low Country Shrimp Boil [Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom]
17. Instant Pot Jambalaya [Life With Dee]
18. Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta [Instant Pot Recipes]
19. Instant Pot Orange Chicken [Rebooted Mom]
*20. Insta Pot Pulled Pork [Pressure Cook Recipes]
Can you say, “MEGA YUM?!” I'm ready to try all of these!
Want more? Check out Eat The Clock for Instant Pot Recipes that are ready in 45 minutes or less!